Savor the mouthwatering combination of spicy and sweet salmon tastes in each bite of these Crispy Chilli Salmon Rolls. This delicious dish is the ideal appetizer for any get-together or special occasion. It will turn your dinner party into something truly special. Imagine tender salmon fillet marinated in a flavorful concoction of lime juice, honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce, creating a symphony of salty, sweet, and zesty flavors that entice your palate.
This simple and quick recipe makes ten servings in less than half an hour, making it perfect for last-minute get-togethers or a quick family snack. Cucumber that has been marinated is served with the rolls, giving a cool contrast to the rich flavors. For a full and gratifying flavor, enhance the experience by dipping each bite into hoisin or sweet chili sauce.
Cook Time: Under 30 Min. | Serves: 10 or more
For The Spring Rolls:
- 16 pastry sheets for thawing spring rolls
- Cut an 800g salmon fillet into 16 equal fingers
- slender cut lengthwise the julienne ginger
- 2 lengthwise thin slices Chillies to serenade, deseeded
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, toasted
- One thinly sliced red onion
For the Marinade:
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- A couple tiny droplets of fish sauce
- Juice from four limes
- three to four teaspoons of honey
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled using peelers
- Peel the limes, reserve the zest for the spring roll filling, and squeeze out the liquid.
- Stir together sesame oil, soy sauce, and lime juice. To taste, add honey and fish sauce.
- Keep the remaining marinade for later and pour 1/3 of it over the fish.
- Ladle the chopped red onion with hot water, saving aside 1/2 for later. To preserve moisture, place the sheets of spring roll pastry under a damp tea towel.
- Using a sheet of pastry, place a 50g portion of marinated salmon on the work surface, allowing 1cm around the edge on both sides.
- Garnish the fish with slices of ginger, chile, and red onion, depending on your preference.
- Over the filling, scatter the toasted sesame seeds and the saved lime zest.
- Moisten the pastry’s edges with a little water, then fold it into a cigar shape and tightly seal it with more water.
- Continue this method with the leftover fish and pastry. Refrigerate spring rolls for up to 6 hours..
- Deep fried in vegetable oil for 30 to 1 minute, or until golden brown, just before serving. Remove, drain, and serve right away.
- Cut 1/2 of a cucumber thinly, then add it to the marinade you set aside. Keep chilled for a maximum of four hours.
Present the crunchy salmon rolls with the marinated cucumber, with hoisin or sweet chili sauce available for dipping, and topped with the red onion that was set aside.