Typically, boneless, bite-sized chicken is marinated in yogurt for a tangy flavor and then char-grilled to create a light brown color for chicken tikka masala. However, the masala paste is what makes this meal so delicious. It has a strong flavor, is smooth, and contains a lot of fragrant components.
Normally, this meal is prepared on a conventional stove, but for a more hands-off approach, we are utilizing the Instant Pot in this recipe. Your cooking time will be greatly decreased with the instant pot, making chicken tikka masala preparation simple and quick. With only a few basic ingredients that you can usually find at your local grocery store, this popular Indian restaurant dish is quite simple to prepare. You may now prepare your favorite Indian food at home with this recipe.
Designed by Freepik
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- A few of minced garlic cloves
- One tablespoon of garam masala
- One tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 900g of skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
- One tablespoon of turmeric
- one tablespoon of garam masala
- Two teaspoons of chili powder
- One can of chopped tomatoes, undrained (about 397g)
- 425 grams of tomato sauce
- Three-quarters cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Cooked rice, roti, or naan (optional) for serving
- Toss to cover the chicken well, then combine all of the ingredients for the Chicken Mixture in a pyrex dish or Stasher bag. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Fill the Instant Pot with olive oil. Pick the SAUTE function using the display panel.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onion, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, and chilli powder to the saucepan. Sauté the onion for three to four minutes, or until it becomes mushy.
- After adding the tomatoes and tomato sauce to the saucepan, deglaze it by scraping the brown pieces off the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Stir the yogurt marinade into the saucepan with the chicken.
- Choose CANCEL to turn off the pot, then shut the vent and fasten the cover.
- Pick the MANUAL function* using the display panel. Set the Instant Pot for five minutes using the +/- keys.
- After the allotted time has passed, allow the pressure to dissipate naturally for fifteen minutes before quickly releasing the last of it.
- The meat should be carefully taken out of the saucepan and finely chopped on a chopping board.
- Return the chicken, stir in the cream, and taste and adjust the spices.
- Serve warm with naan or roti, or over rice and garnished with cilantro.