This omelette, a culinary masterpiece inspired by the lively traditions of Iran, is sure to delight your taste buds. This recipe, which is bursting with flavorful herbs and energizing lemon overtones, is not just a taste explosion but also a powerhouse of nutrients. The addition of vitamin- and mineral-rich spinach to the antioxidant-rich herbs results in a satisfying dinner that is enhanced when paired with high-protein eggs.
We used the Scanpan HaptIQ Chef Pan to make this delicious omelette, but any good frying pan or chefs pans will work just as well. With its ability to prevent sticking and use less oil, the Scanpan Stratanium+ non-stick coating guarantees an ideal cooking experience.
Perfect for a quick dinner, a light lunch, or a healthy breakfast, the Persian Lemony Herb and Spinach Omelette is always a hit. Get your ingredients ready, inhale the unique scents, and relish this fragrant treat that perfectly embodies Persian cooking.
- 5 big eggs from free range, softly beaten
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp sumac, if desired
- Cut the zest from half of a lemon.
- 1 cup of finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup of finely chopped herbs, like mint, tarragon, basil, chives, dill, or parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
To serve (optional):
- Extra herbs
- Cooked peas
- Mix everything together, excluding the olive oil.
- In a nonstick frying pans, generously heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When the mixture is heated, pour it into the pan and swirl to properly distribute the eggs.
- Take the pan off of the heat when the eggs are almost set..
- To make folding the omelette easier, tilt the pan and lift one edge with a heatproof spatulas .
- If preferred, garnish with additional herbs, peas, dukkah, and yogurt.