These Keto Mexican Chicken Fritters are really simple to prepare and make a nutritious and speedy weekday meal. Everybody should have a list of simple family dinner ideas on hand!
Mexican dishes are fantastic since you can adjust the amount of spice to your personal preference or leave it out entirely without experiencing a monotonous dinner.
We enjoy dining as a family, with everything arranged in the middle of the table. This dish may be easily doubled or tripled to feed a large gathering, or it can be used as a quick weeknight meal.
To add some spiciness, you may also add some fresh lime and freshly chopped red chile and serve it with some fast guacamole and sour cream.
The finest aspect? Making use of leftover roast chicken! On Sunday evenings, I normally roast a chicken and save the remaining meat for the following day’s meal. This simple meal may be prepared in just 20 minutes and served on the dinner table using just a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
Designed by Freepik
In the recipe, I provide two cooking options: pan-frying and oven-baking.
While baking in the oven is a bit easier, the result isn’t quite as crunchy as it is with a fried chicken fritter.
As a result, if you use a high-quality non-stick pan, the fritters will cook through in around 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
My Pyrolux Pyrostone frying pans comes in handy and has saved many a life. It is still simple to clean and has the ability to switch from induction to gas and up to 180C in the oven.
Over the years, I’ve come to understand that spending money on high-quality cookware is worthwhile. I used to often replace the inexpensive $15–$20 pans I used to buy at the grocery.
Above all, ensure that the non-stick cookware you choose is devoid of PFOA, meaning that no harmful chemicals will seep into your meal..
This is a wonderful recipe that can also be made vegetarian. Grate two zucchinis in place of the chicken. After grating the zucchini, generously sprinkle it with salt and let aside for fifteen minutes.
Next, use a fresh paper towel or tea towel to completely remove all the wetness. Mix in ¼ cup almond meal until the mixture forms patties.
The recipe for these simple, kid-friendly Mexican chicken fritters is provided here.
Mexican Chicken Fritters Low Carb Keto
Serves two (that may be easily doubled or tripled).
Time: 15 to 20 minutes, based on the style of cooking
- 250 grams of cooked chicken that has been coarsely shredded1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated cheese
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- One-half teaspoon oregano
- 1/ teaspoon of chili flakes
- One avocado
- Grab a pinch of salt
- One teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 cups salad leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onion (amount to taste)
- Find a large nonstick skillet to cook the fritters in. Here, I cook with a pyrolux Pyrostone frying pan. If you would rather bake the fritters, then line a baking pan with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200C..
- In a mixing bowls, combine all the fritter ingredients, being sure to thoroughly mix in the cheese and eggs.
- Form a fourth of the ingredients into a patty with your hands that is 10 cm in diameter and 1 cm thick.
- Fry for 3–4 minutes on each side over medium heat. A crispier finish will result from frying, and utilizing a high-quality non-stick frying pan will eliminate the need for oil. Alternatively, bake until hard, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the guacamole together, adding extra chilli and tasting as you go.
- Arrange the crunchy Mexican Fritters with a mound of mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and guacamole or sour cream on the side.