Taste sensations will be elevated with this colorful and nourishing stir-fry that will make your day! Look no further than this delicious Stir-Fry with Crispy Tofu and Charred Asparagus for a hassle-free weeknight dinner. This recipe is quick to prepare, cook, and serve in about an hour. It goes well with rice or noodles and is wonderful for a fun dinner party or a quick lunch. Asian food lovers will love this stir-fry’s flavorful sauce, which is flavored with ginger and garlic!
For this dish, we used the Pro Logic Wok from Lodge cast iron cookware to get the most delicious results. It’s the ideal option for keeping your food warm until it’s time to serve because of its uniform heating and superior heat retention. You’re in for a treat when you add this plant-based stir-fry to your culinary arsenal!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced or grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds asparagus tips
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Sriracha for garnish
- Transfer the tofu to a dish coated with paper towels, top with additional paper towels, and cook for about 20 minutes on top of a cast-iron pan.
- Mix brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce together. Put aside.
- For five to seven minutes, heat the wok over medium-high heat. If using an electric or induction cooktop, preheat for five minutes on medium-low heat before increasing to three to five minutes on medium-high heat.
- When the vegetable oil begins to smoke, add it.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch pieces, sprinkle with cornstarch, and season with salt while the oven is preheating..
- Toss in a single layer of tofu into the pan. Cook for three to five minutes, or until beautifully browned on both sides.
- Take the tofu out of the skillets and, if needed, add extra oil.
- Place the asparagus tips in the pan, season with salt, and cook, stirring, for two to three minutes, or until well charred.
- Stir thoroughly after adding the sauce and sesame oil to the pan.
- Add the tofu to the sauce along with the vegetables and simmer for a further one to two minutes.
- Serve right away with a sprinkle of Sriracha and chives as a garnish.