This tart with whipped feta and heirloom tomatoes is a culinary marvel that is sure to please your loved ones. This elegant dessert will make an impression with little work on your part. It’s the ideal centerpiece for any gathering, coming together simply in less than 30 minutes with just six ingredients. Light and buttery puff pastry layers above a dessert that seamlessly combines the silky richness of whipped feta and vivid heirloom baby tomatoes. Served during a tea party or other special occasion, this creation is sure to leave a lasting impression.
We selected the Le Creuset toughened nonstick roasting pan for best results, guaranteeing a faultless release of our Heirloom Tomato and Whipped Feta Tart. The long-lasting nonstick coating of the pan facilitates quick and simple tart removal and cleanup.
Prep Time: Under 30 Min. | Cook Time: Under 30 Min.
Serves: 2 to 4 persons
Heirloom Tomato and Whipped Feta Tart
- 250g all-butter puff pastry rolled into a very thin 28cm square
- 250g mixed heirloom baby tomatoes, halved
- 100g feta cheese, whipped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Small bunch of chives, chopped
- Milk to glaze
- Set the oven temperature to 210°C, 190°C for fans, or gas mark 7.
- Place a square of dough inside a nonstick roaster, making sure it is big enough to fold over the sides.
- Beat feta cheese with lemon zest. After covering the bottom layer with whipped feta, distribute the tomatoes on top of the cheese layer. Lightly brush the pastry’s edges with milk, fold them over, and then repeat the process.
- The tart should be baked for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown, in a preheated oven. Before removing it from the roaster, let it stand for a few minutes after removal. Sprinkle chives on top.
- After the tart has cooled, take it out of the roaster, transfer it to a serving board, and sprinkle with olive oil. Season with ground black pepper and sea salt.